I'm a new subscriber! How do I sign up?
What are your subscription plans?
Subscriptions are $2.99 a month, or $25 annually, and managed through Tinypass. Subscribing grants you full access to our entire back catalog, as well as complimentary ebook editions of every issue and instant access to new issues as they come out.
Alternatively, you can purchase ebook editions individual issues for $2.99 each by clicking the "Buy ebook" link on each issue page. Regrettably, we can't offer web access to individual issues at this time.
I subscribed on the new site, but I don't have access. Help!
Contact us and we'll figure out what's going on.
I subscribed through iTunes - how do I get my subscription back?
Unfortunately, there's no way for us to synchronize iTunes subscriptions with Tinypass, our new paywall system. Having said that:
- If you had an active monthly subscription prior to the change, email a copy of your most recent iTunes receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll give you two months free access on our new site. After that point, you'll have to resubscribe. If you subscribed at the old rate of $1.99 a month, we'll give you a few extra months access, at which point you'll have to resubscribe at the higher rate.
- If you had an active annual subscription, again - email your most recent iTunes receipt to email@example.com, and we'll honor the rest of your subscription term or give you two months free access, whichever is longer. If you subscribed at the old rate of $19.99 a year, again - we'll extend your access for a few more months beyond the end of your term, at which point you'll need to resubscribe at the higher rate.
I subscribed through Stripe - what do I need to do?
- Nothing! We'll be synchronizing Stripe account data to the new site, and you should have received an email prompting you to sign up here. If you haven't, let us know.
- If you subscribed at $1.99 a month or $19.99 annually, your lower price will remain the same for as long as you're an active subscriber.
- If you subscribed at $3.99 a month, your next billing cycle will see a reduced price of $2.99 a month, our standard monthly subscription.
- If you subscribed at $39.99 a year, we'll be issuing you a partial refund of $14.99 to the card you purchased on. If you don't see this in your card statement by May 31st 2016, let us know.
I'm a subscriber through Patreon/Tugboat Yards - will I still have access here?
If you bought an annual subscription through Tugboat Yards, our first payment processor, you should receive an email prompting you to sign up for an account here. Your subscription will expire at the end of your term, at which point you'll need to resubscribe using the new payment processor.
Patreon subscribers - for as long as you're a patron, you'll still have access to the site. You should receive an email soon prompting you to create an account here, at which point you'll get your access back.
I should have access, but don't. Help!
Get in touch and we'll figure it out.
How do I get ebook editions of Bright Wall/Dark Room?
There are two ways. If you're a subscriber, you'll get automatic complimentary access to ebook editions of every issue we've ever produced - just look for the link that says "Download the ebook bundle" at the top of each issue page. Alternatively, if you're not a subscriber and just want to buy one issue, you should see a link to buy the ebook edition of the magazine on the issue page.
Okay, I've got it. Now how do I read it?
Depends on your preference! To read the PDF issue on your computer, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader or a third-party PDF reader (Windows 10 comes with one built in, aptly called Reader). As for your handheld devices, here are a few useful links:
- Download the Kindle reading app (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry)
- Using your Send to Kindle email address
- iBooks: Frequently Asked Questions
If you get really stuck, get in touch and we should be able to point you in the right direction.
Where did your Best Of issues go?
All of the content in those issues is elsewhere on the site, and as your subscription now gets you full access to our entire archive, we felt it didn't make sense to keep them around. That said, if you previously purchased it and want the ebook edition, let us know and we'll send it over to you!
How do I write for you?
Check out our Submissions page.